TES Fest Volunteer Code of Conduct
Thank you for stepping up to be a TES Fest Volunteer! TES is a fully volunteer-run organization and it is with the help of people like you that we are able to make TES Fest happen. Welcome to the team!
While volunteering is a fun and rewarding way to meet people and make friends, we ask that you follow some simple rules while representing TES:
1. Treat others people with respect and consideration at all times.
2. Never touch anyone, their equipment, or belongings without permission.
3. First names and pseudonyms are usually used at TES and TES Fest. Everyone’s personal identity is confidential, so avoid using last (or real) names during the event.
4. Do not to seek play or sexual encounters while on duty as a TES Fest volunteer.
5. Leave your personal power dynamics at the door. While on duty as a TES Fest volunteer, all members, guests and other volunteers are your equal regardless of their role, gender or orientation.
6. If you see that another TES Fest volunteer, member, or attendee might need assistance, step up and ask if you can help.
7. If you are on duty and under the influence of alcohol or drugs at any function, your volunteer privileges will be revoked and you will be asked to leave the event.
8. TES and TES Fest value their volunteers. Harassment of any kind will not be tolerated, towards you or by you.
9. The Event Chairs are responsible for supervising all TES Fest functions. If you have any issues regarding the behavior of any person or questions regarding TES policies while you are in a volunteer position, contact the Event Chairs.