TESFest 2023 Play Space Rules
Please speak with a Dungeon Monitor (DM) to address any questions or incidents. Our event rules are designed to ensure everyone’s health, safety, and comfort. Failure to abide by these rules may result in removal from the event without a refund. Thank you for your understanding.
Consent & Safety
- All activities and encounters must be consensual. Explicit consent is required before touching or performing any activity with someone else. Harassment and coercion are prohibited.
- The house safeword is RED. If RED is called, play must be stopped immediately. Dungeon Monitors will enforce it if necessary. If a bottom is unable to verbally communicate during any portion of the scene, inform a DM before the start of your scene that an alternative safe signal is in use.
- Play equipment is provided by TES Fest and may not be moved. Any alterations to the playspace must be done by approved TES Fest personnel.
- If a DM flashes you with a flashlight, cease all action immediately and await instructions.
- All instructions from the DMs must be IMMEDIATELY followed. No exceptions will be granted. Immediate compliance is mandatory; questions about the DM’s instructions may be referred to the DM’s Captain. The Safety Committee’s decisions are final and rendered on a case by case basis.
- Treat others with respect and consideration at all times. Kink shaming, deliberate misgendering, and other bullying is strictly prohibited. Anyone reported to be making offensive comments may be subject to disciplinary action
- Do not interfere with others’ scenes. Unless invited by them, do not interact with the players once scenes have begun and until aftercare is completed. If you wish to watch a scene, keep a respectful (and safe) distance from the players. Do not touch any equipment that is not your own.
- No cell phones, tablets, or other electronic devices may be visibly displayed in the indoor play space. If you have to send a text message or take a call, leave the play space and use the lobby area. Such devices are allowed in the outdoor area, but MUST have stickers covering all cameras. Exceptions will be made for accessibility and augmentative communication devices.
- No intoxication or intoxicants within the playspace. Anyone who is intoxicated or otherwise under the influence will not be permitted in the play area.
- No food is permitted in the indoor playspace. All beverages brought into the indoor play space should be in closed containers.
- Glass containers are not permitted in the outdoor and indoor play space.
- Share the equipment! There is a 60 minute time limit for using any particular item. Please ask a DM before beginning any scene that requires more than one piece of dungeon equipment, or if you feel someone has had a piece of equipment too long.
- No exposed bottoms or genitals directly on equipment or furniture. Chux are available to use as a barrier. Please consider a thong a bare bottom.
- Clean up when you finish! Use supplies provided at cleaning stations before and after you play on the equipment
- Types of play not permitted: Scenes in the pool area; Gun Play (real or prop); Fire Whips; Fuck Saws; Scat/vomit play; Shock collars; Enemas; Takedowns/kidnappings; Waterboarding.
- The following activities require a check-in with a DM and approval: Breath Play (including neck rope); Combined use of blindfolds, gags, and/or bondage; Consensual Nonconsent Scenes; Electrical Devices (excepting Violet Wands or TENS Units); Whips over 5 feet in length; Fire Play; Wax Play; Any scene occurring in Medical Play area.
- **The following activities require advanced permission with a DM to be scheduled and approved by 11:59pm ET on Saturday, June 24, 2023: Watersports; Bloodletting; Anything particularly messy or involving food; Anything that is likely to cause a major disruption.
- Watersports: Requires advanced notification*. May only be performed near a drain. Tarps must be used to control runoff (fluids should not come into contact with hotel property, including grass).
- Fire Play: Requires DM check-in. Allowed only in designated areas of the courtyard; Requires extinguisher & fire blanket (or damp towel). No accelerants other than isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol), ethanol (drinking alcohol), or butane (as found in mousse). Accelerants should be in appropriate containers. Accelerants & ignition source must be on a separate surface from the bottom & placed sufficiently apart to prevent accidents. Tops must be positioned without anyone behind them during play.
- Wax Play: Requires DM check-in. Allowed only in designated areas of the courtyard; Tarp or barriers must be supplied by participants. All wax must be cleaned at the end of your scene.
- Medical/Blood Play/Needle Play: Requires DM check-in. Restricted to the medical play area. Proper safety and clean up, including the use of gloves, is required. Anyone with needles (or other hardware/jewelry) in them, actively bleeding, or open/uncovered wounds are not permitted to leave the designated medical play area. Needles below a 14g are not permitted for use. Attendees entering the medical play area are advised to wear closed-toed shoes. Those doing otherwise do so at their own risk. Enemas are not permitted.
- Diaper Play: No wet or messy diapers in any public areas of the hotel, vendor areas, hallways, patio, pool, indoor and outdoor playspace. All diapers should be double bagged for disposal.
- Electrical Play: Must be within 6 feet of the outlet. A GFCI is required. Extension cords must be heavy-duty three-prong type. All cords must be taped down or otherwise guaranteed not to pose a tripping hazard. No shock collars are permitted.
- Rope Play: Safety sheers must be readily available for all rope play. You must provide your own spotter and safety sheers for all self suspensions. All forms of neck rope require DM check-in.
- Sexual/Genital Play: No genital-to-genital, genital-to-anal, oral-to-genital and/or oral-to-anal contact is permitted. Gloved manual genital contact and gloved use of toys (with barriers) is permitted in play areas. Non-latex gloves MUST be used and will be provided. Penetration with toys and digits is allowed with barriers. Chucks and appropriate barriers are required any time fluids are involved in a scene. Condoms must be used on all penetrative toys. Gloves are required for any digital contact with genitals. YOU MUST PROPERLY DISPOSE OF ANY CONDOMS, CHUCKS, BARRIERS, GLOVES, OR ANY ITEMS CONTAINING YOU OR YOUR SCENE PARTNERS BODILY FLUIDS AT THE END OF YOUR SCENE.
Please speak with a Dungeon Monitor to address any questions or incidents. Our event rules are designed to ensure everyone’s health, safety, and comfort. Failure to abide by these rules may result in removal from the event without a refund. Thank you for your understanding.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.